We are a very successful and well established secondary school serving the centre of Neath and outlying areas. We have a strong tradition of academic excellence coupled with a desire to ensure that all our pupils reach their full potential. The school is very popular and we have large numbers of pupils who chose to join us in preference to their catchment school. Our school motto “Nid da lle gellir gwell” meaning “it is not good if it is not your best”, encapsulates our focus.
We pride ourselves on being a caring school, as recognised by Estyn inspections, and strive to ensure that the learning opportunities available to pupils enable them to move on to post 16 education and employment with good, relevant qualifications and the skills necessary to take their place in adult society. Children are happy at the school and enjoy their time with us. Our shared vision and aims includes attaining the highest possible outcomes for all our children, where inclusion of all learners is a central goal. We seek to provide all our learners with the best possible start to life and we will aim to act as a conduit for the necessary support services wherever possible. We embrace the principles of 'Every Child Matters' and extended services and will work towards these goals. Personal, Social, Health Education and Citizenship (PSHE & C) will be at the heart of our school. Children will thrive in a secure and caring atmosphere where high standards of behaviour, social manners and academic achievement are paramount. We will try to ensure that all our children leave school with a positive disposition for learning so that they will become life long learners. We will maintain a broad and balanced curriculum and will always be keen to enrich this curriculum further.
- Year 7 exams: letter and timetable
- Year 8 exams: letter and timetable
- Year 9 exams: letter and timetable
- Year 10 exams: letter and timetable
- Presentation: KS3 Revision Techniques
- GCSE Summer 2018 exam timetable
- 14.02.18 - Letter sent home: Information regarding adjustment of the school timetable
- Letter sent home: October 27th - Early Entry Curriculum Change
Pupils should ensure they bring the following items to school...
- Pencil case
- Pens - blue or black and a red pen
- Pair of compasses
- Calculator - scientific
- Colouring pencils
Recent News Items
- Year 10 have won!07/12/2017Huge congratulations to our very hardworking #PLEnterprise team who won the local heat today and now get to represent #SCAFC. They have given up hours and hours of their own time over the past 4 weeks to come up with a fantastic pitch based around […]
- Music Exams18/07/2017Congratulations to pupils who have taken graded exams on their instruments this term… Catrin Thomas – Year 7 – Distinction Grade 5 (clarinet) Penelope George – Year 7 – Pass Grade 4 (Violin) Abigail Thomas – Year 7 – Distinction Level 1 Junior […]
- Pupil Achievement17/05/2017Year 10 pupil, Bethany Moule, has been selected to represent Wales in the Javelin event in this years’ Youth Commonwealth Games, to be held in the Bahamas this coming July. What an amazing achievement! Congratulations Bethany and good luck! […]
- Pupil Achievement16/05/2017Year 11 pupil, Lara-Jai Lewis, has been selected to dance in the opening ceremony of the UEFA Champions League Cup Final in Cardiff on June 3rd. She will be taking part in the opening ceremony with the artist who has not yet been named. Lara-Jai has […]
- Sporting News09/03/2017Yesterday, 6 pupils took part in the Afan Nedd Tawe Schools Cross Country event held in a very muddy Margam park. A tough course made the conditions difficult but we came away with some outstanding results… Rhys James – 1st Rohan […]