Croeso / Welcome
We are a very successful and well established secondary school serving the centre of Neath and outlying areas. We have a strong tradition of academic excellence coupled with a desire to ensure that all our pupils reach their full potential. The school is very popular and we have large numbers of pupils who chose to join us in preference to their catchment school. Our school motto “Nid da lle gellir gwell” meaning “it is not good if it is not your best”, encapsulates our focus. We pride ourselves on being a caring school, as recognised by Estyn inspections, and strive to ensure that the learning opportunities available to pupils enable them to move on to post 16 education and employment with good, relevant qualifications and the skills necessary to take their place in adult society.
- Year 11 mock exam information has been distributed to pupils today. Letter sent home. Exam timetable. Revision booklet.
- Any pupils who were unable to attend Prizegiving can collect their GCSE certificates from reception between 9am and 3.30pm any school day.
- Information for Yr7 parents: A parents' guide to supporting your child's learning at Dwr-y-Felin
- New School Prospectus for 2019/20
- New Curriculum Guide for 2019/20
- Dwr-y-Felin school is committed to safeguarding your privacy. As part of this commitment, we are updating our policies to meet the high standards of the new European data protection law, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Children are happy at the school and enjoy their time with us. Our shared vision and aims includes attaining the highest possible outcomes for all our children, where inclusion of all learners is a central goal. We seek to provide all our learners with the best possible start to life and we will aim to act as a conduit for the necessary support services wherever possible. We embrace the principles of 'Every Child Matters' and extended services and will work towards these goals. Personal, Social, Health Education and Citizenship (PSHE & C) will be at the heart of our school. Children will thrive in a secure and caring atmosphere where high standards of behaviour, social manners and academic achievement are paramount. We will try to ensure that all our children leave school with a positive disposition for learning so that they will become life long learners. We will maintain a broad and balanced curriculum and will always be keen to enrich this curriculum further.
Dwr-y-Felin school is committed to safeguarding your privacy. As part of this commitment, we are updating our policies to meet the high standards of the new European data protection law, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). pic.twitter.com/uI8pN0xaYX— Dwr-y-Felin School (@dwryfelin) June 29, 2018
Pupils should ensure they bring the following items to school...
- Pencil case
- Pens - blue or black and a red pen
- Pair of compasses
- Calculator - scientific
- Colouring pencils