Dwr-y-Felin is a very successful and well established school serving the centre of Neath and outlying areas. We have a strong tradition of academic excellence coupled with a desire to ensure that all our pupils reach their full potential. The school is very popular and we have large numbers of pupils who chose to join us in preference to their catchment school. Our school motto “nid da lle gellir gwell” meaning “it is not good if it is not your best”, encapsulates our focus. Read more...
- We are offering free holiday Spanish classes for parents/guardians starting Wednesday 26th April for 5 weeks.
- Important Exam Information: The National Tests and Examinations for pupils in years 7, 8 and 9 are scheduled to take place from the 24th April until the 12th May 2017. A timetable outlining the dates of each examination will be given to the pupils in the next few weeks.
- GCSE Summer 2017 exam timetable
- National School Categorisation System
- Yr10 exam calendar
- Yr10 exam revision sessions
- View our updated canteen menu and price list
Recent News Items
- Sporting News09/03/2017Yesterday, 6 pupils took part in the Afan Nedd Tawe Schools Cross Country event held in a very muddy Margam park. A tough course made the conditions difficult but we came away with some outstanding results… Rhys James – 1st Rohan Crossman – 35th (a year young) Cerys Teague – […]
- School Council – Children’s Rights30/01/2017Sally Holland the Children’s Rights Commissioner attended our school council meeting to inform pupils about the Rights of a Child and to chat about the Student Ambassador Scheme. […]
- More sporting success!25/01/2017Congratulations to Yr10 pupil Bethany Moule (of Neath Harriers), who on Saturday 21st January, at the West Wales Indoor Athletics Championships, was presented with the JDB Williams Award by the Welsh Schools Athletics Association for the top field event performance of summer 2016. Bethany is […]
- Sporting Success24/01/2017The PE department would like to celebrate the recent successes of pupils, in particular the Yr8 boys football team who were victorious last week against Croesyceilog in the Welsh Cup. The 4-2 win puts the boys through to the last 8 of the competition. Recognition also needs to be given to a number […]