Dwr-y-Felin is a very successful and well established school serving the centre of Neath and outlying areas. We have a strong tradition of academic excellence coupled with a desire to ensure that all our pupils reach their full potential. The school is very popular and we have large numbers of pupils who chose to join us in preference to their catchment school. Our school motto “nid da lle gellir gwell” meaning “it is not good if it is not your best”, encapsulates our focus. Read more...
- Letter sent home: [2017.09.18] Maths GCSE
- Letter sent home: [2017.09.07] Key Dates
- English Department: 25th-28th September - Yr10 controlled assessment week – Individual oral presentations.
- Letter sent home: November 2017 - GCSE Mathematics exam
- Click here to read the latest Estyn report on our school (March 2017)
Recent News Items
- Music Exams18/07/2017Congratulations to pupils who have taken graded exams on their instruments this term… Catrin Thomas – Year 7 – Distinction Grade 5 (clarinet) Penelope George – Year 7 – Pass Grade 4 (Violin) Abigail Thomas – Year 7 – Distinction Level 1 Junior […]
- Pupil Achievement17/05/2017Year 10 pupil, Bethany Moule, has been selected to represent Wales in the Javelin event in this years’ Youth Commonwealth Games, to be held in the Bahamas this coming July. What an amazing achievement! Congratulations Bethany and good luck! […]
- Pupil Achievement16/05/2017Year 11 pupil, Lara-Jai Lewis, has been selected to dance in the opening ceremony of the UEFA Champions League Cup Final in Cardiff on June 3rd. She will be taking part in the opening ceremony with the artist who has not yet been named. Lara-Jai has […]
- Sporting News09/03/2017Yesterday, 6 pupils took part in the Afan Nedd Tawe Schools Cross Country event held in a very muddy Margam park. A tough course made the conditions difficult but we came away with some outstanding results… Rhys James – 1st Rohan […]
- School Council – Children’s Rights30/01/2017Sally Holland the Children’s Rights Commissioner attended our school council meeting to inform pupils about the Rights of a Child and to chat about the Student Ambassador Scheme. […]