Dwr-y-Felin is a very successful and well established school serving the centre of Neath and outlying areas. We have a strong tradition of academic excellence coupled with a desire to ensure that all our pupils reach their full potential. The school is very popular and we have large numbers of pupils who chose to join us in preference to their catchment school. Our school motto “nid da lle gellir gwell” meaning “it is not good if it is not your best”, encapsulates our focus. Read more...
- GCSE results day is Thursday 24th August. Results can be collected from 9am.
- KS4 internal examinations timetable - the Yr10 internal summer exams will take place from Monday 26th June to Friday 7th July. The examinations will assess the progress made so far in the GCSE courses.
- We would really appreciate the donation of any unwanted LPs (records). They are needed for the pupils to create a crafty eco gift!
- Letter sent home: November 2017 - GCSE Mathematics exam
- Click here to read the latest Estyn report on our school (March 2017)
- Yr10 exam calendar
- Yr10 exam revision sessions
- View our updated canteen menu and price list
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO YEAR 11 PARENTS and PUPILS
Until pupils have sat ALL of the GCSE papers associated with each subject, they should be attending revision lessons as per their school timetable. Staff are concerned that not all pupils are attending these sessions and that this could have a possible detrimental impact on their performance in the examination. For example, there are still examinations in Mathematics, Science, English, Resistant Materials, Graphics, Health and Social Care and History. In particular, the Head of Maths has asked me to bring to your attention that all pupils should be in school to attend Maths lessons and Maths revision sessions. These revision sessions vary from day to day dependent upon staff timetables – pupils will be informed by their teacher during registration. There is a revision session on Monday 12th June (after the English exam) and a full day on Monday 19th June prior to the GCSE Mathematics exams. As a department, we remain committed to the support of pupils and appreciate the home/school partnership to help achieve the best possible outcomes.
I hope that you, as parents, will continue to work with us to ensure each child has the best support to enable then to achieve their best qualifications in their examinations. Each day over the next two weeks is vitally important.
Recent News Items
- Pupil Achievement17/05/2017Year 10 pupil, Bethany Moule, has been selected to represent Wales in the Javelin event in this years’ Youth Commonwealth Games, to be held in the Bahamas this coming July. What an amazing achievement! Congratulations Bethany and good luck! […]
- Pupil Achievement16/05/2017Year 11 pupil, Lara-Jai Lewis, has been selected to dance in the opening ceremony of the UEFA Champions League Cup Final in Cardiff on June 3rd. She will be taking part in the opening ceremony with the artist who has not yet been named. Lara-Jai has […]
- Sporting News09/03/2017Yesterday, 6 pupils took part in the Afan Nedd Tawe Schools Cross Country event held in a very muddy Margam park. A tough course made the conditions difficult but we came away with some outstanding results… Rhys James – 1st Rohan […]
- School Council – Children’s Rights30/01/2017Sally Holland the Children’s Rights Commissioner attended our school council meeting to inform pupils about the Rights of a Child and to chat about the Student Ambassador Scheme. […]
- More sporting success!25/01/2017Congratulations to Yr10 pupil Bethany Moule (of Neath Harriers), who on Saturday 21st January, at the West Wales Indoor Athletics Championships, was presented with the JDB Williams Award by the Welsh Schools Athletics Association for the top field […]